Thursday, September 3, 2009

Hi there.  I just wanted to fill you in on a few things about your children.  It is nothing that you don't already know, but you all have the best kids ever.  I just love my class this year.  The kids I have are very polite and ready to learn at all times.  It is going to be a very fun year.

I hope all of you received the newsletter and the progress report that was sent home yesterday (Wednesday, Sept. 2).  If you didn't, let me know and I will make sure you get those.  We do have a few activities coming up in the next few weeks that you need to be aware of.  Monday, Sept. 7th, we have no school, due to Labor Day.  Orchestra will be starting Tues., Sept. 8th.  If your child is going to be in Orchestra they will need to bring their instrument on that day.  We will be having our Mammoth Cave field field trip on Fri., Sept. 25.  If you would like to come with us, let me know ASAP.  We will be swimming soon.  We start this on the 28th of Sept., so if your child needs a swimming suit, please make sure he/she has one before this time.  If you have any concerns about your child swimming, please feel free to call me or send me an email.  SEOP conferences are during this week, as well.

I have had a lot of students turn in their first Reading Revolution report, but if your child hasn't read their first book yet, they need to try to have it finished by Sept. 15th.  This is when the first Reading Revolution book report is due.  It is worth 50 points.  If they need more time to finish the book that is fine too.  As long as they have two books read by the end of first quarter.

I hope your child is enjoying his/her school year so far and if there is anything I can do for you, or your child, please let me know.  Thanks.....    Mrs. Little

No comments:

Post a Comment